List of current events
Use the links to the right to navigate to a specific upcoming event -->
See current art exhibitions at the
Marie L. Matthews and Olivia Rainbow
galleries at the Johnson Education Center.
For directions to the Johnson Education Center,
please click here.
Click here to view photos from our previous events.
Celebrate our farm heritage at the Down to Earth Ball!
June 6, 2015
6:30 - 11 pm
at the St. Michaels Farm Preserve in Hopewell
Featuring live music from the Tone Rangers Band
Click here to purchase sponsorships and tickets!
St. Michaels Farm Preserve Barn (credit: Richard A. Grant)
Enjoy your friends, light snacks, "silly" cider and cocktails while participating
in farm festivities
Dine on seasonal fare featuring food from local New Jersey farms
9 - 11 pm
Dance 'round the bonfire or in the barn, join the farm parade and capture your
farm memories with a photo from Nic's-photo-show
Little House on the Prairie meets the Rhinestone Cowboy.
Wear comfortable "kick up your heels" shoes.
Photo credit: Carl Geisler
Calling all photographers!
Photographs of our state’s preserved trails are requested by a partnership of the New Jersey Trails Association (NJTA), D&R Greenway Land Trust and Princeton Photography Club (PPC). We're looking for photographs of the trails that appear on the New Jersey Trails Association website. Beginning immediately, effective seasonal photographs are called for to fill an increasing need for knowledge of nature trails in our region. The pictures will appear, with credit, on the NJTrails association web-site, as well as in D&R Greenway’s electronic and print releases and newsletters.
- Images are to be 4x6 (vertical or horizontal) at 150 pixel/inch in JPEG format
- The file name should include the photographer's first initial and last name, the property name and photo number. (Example: R_Grant_Carson_Road_Woods_1)
- Photographers should submit digital high resolution JPEG images via email to: email@example.com
- Only the property name is to be noted in the subject line
- In the body of the email list:
- The photographer's name
- Photo number with subject description (name of trail, animal, plant, etc...) and date image taken
- Photo 1 – Red Fox Kit – 4/27/2014
- Photo 2 – View from Peach Orchard – 4/26/2014
- A limit of four photos per submission is requested
- There are no age or residency restrictions
Questions regarding the submission requirements should be sent to Richard Grant at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you were unable to attend the talk, or you would just like the presenters' slides for reference, we are providing some of them here in PDF form:
"Residential Habitat Restoration: A Focus on Meadows" by Diana Raichel,
"The conservation and ecology of native bees" by Dan Cariveau, Rutgers Postdoctoral Research Associate
(Please be patient when downloading these files. They are very large.)
Video of George Dyson on Princeton's Christopher Robin -
Oswald Veblen and the Six Hundred-Acre Woods
Did you miss George Dyson's talk on March 21, 2013 at the Johnson Education Center? You can watch it online below:
Video credit: Kurt Tazelaar and Sally Curtis
Video of Professor Kenneth Hiltner on "From Shakespeare's London to Urban Gardening - The Literature of Human's Relationship with the Land"
Filmed at the Johnson Education Center on April 4, 2013.
Video credit: Kurt Tazelaar and Sally Curtis
Walk the Trails In And Around PrincetonVisit Blue Ridge Mountain Sports [BRMS], at the Princeton Shopping Center or D&R
Greenway Land Trust for a popular guide to area trails entitled, Walk the Trails In & Around Princeton. This compact and trail guide, --covering 16 trails on preserved land in our region--, is now in its third printing. It has sold over 1,100 copies. Its profits are being divided among three local non-profits: D&R Greenway Land Trust, The Stony Brook-Millstone Watershed Association, and Friends of Princeton Open Space. For further information, call 609-921-6078. Walk the Trails In & Around Princeton has been available at BRMS since its launch. Former manager, Scott Morris, asserts, “It is absolutely fitting that we should have it. Being in the industry of the outdoors, we cater to people who hike trails in our region. It’s in our interest, of course, to call attention both trails and preservation. Frankly, we can’t keep the book in the store!” D&R Greenway reports new visitors nearly every day to purchase Walk the Trails. The particular artistry of this guide reflects the “deep connection with the natural world” of local free-lance photographer, Bentley Drezner. Maria Lindenfelder designed the slender volume, which fits smoothly into a cargo pants pocket without hindering a hiker’s stride. Images are in the form of postcards, which can be removed and mailed to convince others of the beauties of New Jersey. Guide-Michelin-like icons reveal each walk’s duration, canine welcome, whether or not the trail is jog-stroller-friendly, and/or suitable for all ages. Detailed maps accompany each preserved trail, courtesy of NJ Trails Association.
- D&R Greenway Land Trust and Princeton Environmental Institute
- D&R Greenway Land Trust and Garden State Preservation Trust
- Princeton Township Polling Location
- Ann Reeves Foundation
- D&R Greenway Land Trust and Mercer County Green Table
- Sustainable Education
- Bat Conservation International
Native plants can be incorporated into all size properties.
See D&R Greenway's Native Plant Nursery
Community Organizations and Meetings
- Contemporary Garden Club
- Community Without Walls - House III
- Garden State Preservation Trust
- Housing Initiative of Princeton
- Mercer County Master Gardeners
- Montgomery Friends of Open Space
- Nathanael Greene Fellowship - Montgomery Township Schools
- New Jersey Trails Association
- Princeton Artists Alliance
- Princeton Garden Club
- New Jersey School-Age Children's Care Coalition
- Princeton Photography Club
- Princeton Pro-Musica
- Princeton Singers
- Princeton, Trenton & Stony Brook Garden Clubs
- Rhododendron Society
- Wheaton College Alumni Art Show
- Glenmede Trust
- Mercer County Bar Association
- PNC advisors